The Datacenter CLI (DCLI) is a client of the vCloud Suite SDK for managing data center services. A DCLI command talks to a vCloud Suite SDK endpoint to locate relevant information, then executes the command and displays results to the user.
You can run DCLI commands interactively or with scripts in many ways:
• Run DCLI commands locally from a vCenter Server Appliance shell.
• Run DCLI commands locally from vCenter Server on Windows by running a command prompt.
• Run DCLI commands that are included in the vCLI package. Open a command prompt on a Linux or Windows system where you installed vCLI, and enter commands into that command prompt, specifying connection options.
• Access the Linux console on vMA virtual appliance and run DCLI commands that are included. However DCLI does not support the vi‐fastpass connections available from vMA.
• Prepare scripts that contain DCLI commands, then run the scripts as vCLI scripts, either from a vCenter Server Appliance shell, or from vCenter Server on Windows command prompt.