What's in the Release Notes?
The release notes cover the following topics:
New Patches to Address Security Advisory
- On October 11, 2016, a critical severity privilege escalation was disclosed. The details of this vulnerability are documented in VMSA-2016-0016. To address this issue, install the public patch documented in KB 2147246.
- On October 19, 2016, a critical severity privilege escalation was disclosed. Known as "Dirty COW" the issue may allow for a local privilege escalation. The details of this vulnerability are documented in VMSA-2016-0018. To address this issue, install the public patch documented in KB 2147667.
Critical Bug Fixes
This release of vRealize Operations Manager 6.2.0a delivers a number of critical bug fixes that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section.
To take advantage of this update, download and install a current product build available from Product Downloads.
NOTE: For upgrades from vRealize Operations Manager 6.2 to vRealize Operations Manager 6.2.0a, the Virtual Appliance Operating System upgrade is not necessary. Do not download or apply this upgrade.
This section contains the titles of previous Known Issues that have been resolved in this release.
- Higher than expected values for capacity metrics and badge scores in vRealize Operations Manager 6.2.
To address this problem, see Knowledge Base article 2144413
- Deletion Scheduling Interval setting does not change behavior
- Python language bindings for the vRealize Operations public REST API are missing after upgrade from version 6.1 to 6.2
For other existing issues that have not been resolved and documented in the Resolved Issues section, please see the Known Issues section in the vRealize Operations Manager 6.2 Release Notes.