VMware vRealize Infrastructure Navigator 5.8.5 Release Notes
VMware vRealize Infrastructure Navigator Version 5.8.5 | 9 February 2016 | Build 3502328
Last Document Update: 9 February 2016
This release note describes the following topics:
Introduction to vRealize Infrastructure Navigator
VMware vRealizeTM Infrastructure NavigatorTM is an application awareness plug-in to vCenter Server that provides continuous dependency mapping of applications. vRealize Infrastructure Navigator offers application context to virtual infrastructure administrators, to monitor and manage the virtual infrastructure inventory objects and actions. Administrators can use vRealize Infrastructure Navigator to understand the impact of change on the virtual environment in their application infrastructure. vRealize Infrastructure Navigator helps virtual infrastructure administrators perform the following tasks:
- Make accurate first-level triage decisions to help either eliminate a problem, or associate a problem with the virtual infrastructure when business service users report problems.
- Assess change impact. Manage and communicate virtual infrastructure issues for critical applications.
- Understand the application and business impact of changes to the virtual infrastructure on applications.
What's New in vRealize Infrastructure Navigator 5.8.5?
- This release of vRealize Infrastructure Navigator includes updated components.
- This release supports TLSv1.0, TLSv1.1, and TLSv1.2. TLSv1.0 is included to support users of vCenter Server 5.1. Users of vCenter Server 5.5 or vCenter Server 6.0 can disable this support.
General Information, Limitations and Known Issues
The data, including general information, limitations and known issues that was relevant to vCenter Infrastructure Navigator 5.8.2 are also relevant to this vRealize Infrastructure Navigator 5.8.5 release. Refer to the vCenter Infrastructure Navigator 5.8.2 release notes for more information.
In addition to the issues already referred to, the following issue applies.
After you have upgraded the vRealize Infrastructure Navigator
to version 5.8.5, the vRealize Infrastructure Navigator
extension is not visible in vCenter Server vSphere Web Client.
The vRealize Infrastructure Navigator extension appears in vCenter Server vSphere Web Client.
- Power off and on the vRealize Infrastructure Navigator VM from vCenter Server vSphere Web Client, to install the vCenter certificate.
- Restart the Web Client service.