VIA 1.2 Release Notes
VIA | 01 SEP 2016 | Build 4260624
Check back for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
What's New in VIA
- Imaging with the VMware EVO SDDC 1.2 version.
- Support for Arista switch and Dell server based hardware Bill of Materials.
- Support for Cisco switch and Dell server based hardware Bill of Materials.
- Support for All-flash based hardware Bill of Materials.
VIA ignores specified number of servers provided as input to imaging and images all servers in the rack
VIA ignores the No of ESXi Servers you specified on the Imaging > Details tab. Instead, all servers in the physical rack are imaged.
ESXi host fails to be imaged and displays a red icon
During the imaging process, VIA powers off each ESXi host and then powers it back on. In some cases, the host is not powered on and imaging cannot continue. The host that is not imaged displays a red icon.
- Log in through IPMI, set the appropriate host to boot in PXE mode during the next boot, and manually power the host on.
- On the Imaging tab of the VIA UI, select the host and click Retry.
All ESXi hosts fails to be imaged and display a red icon
During imaging, VIA runs a Python script on the ToR switches. If this script fails, port 48 on the ToR switches are not enabled and imaging on the hosts fail. The log file displays the following error:
com.vmware.via.cisco.torswitch.intraimaging.tasks.TorPortConfigurationTask - Error while applying port configurations... Configurations may have been partially applied!
- Log in to each switch and clean it.
- Reimage the rack.
ToR switches failed to be imaged
ToR switches are not imaged and the following error is displayed:
Error while preparing inventory information
Workaround: On the Imaging tab of the VIA UI, select ToR 1 and click Retry. After ToR 1 is imaged, select ToR 2 click Retry.