What's in the Release Notes?
The release notes cover the following topics:
This release of VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.3.2 delivers product improvements and updates to the previous release. These include the following enhancements:
- Support for vSphere 5.0, 5.1, and 5.5 license keys within vRealize Log Insight
- Support for NSX 6.2.2 and later license keys within vRealize Log Insight
- Fixes for important and moderate security issues. For more information, see the VMware security advisory for vRealize Log Insight at http://www.mvware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2016-0008.html.
To take advantage of this update, download and install a current product build available from Product Downloads.
For existing issues that have not been described in this document, please see the Known Issues section in the VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.3 Release Notes.
Export content pack is failing.
Security changes introduced a bug that may cause a failure when exporting a content pack.
Group membership queries failing.
vRealize Log Insight does not properly update environment changes to vRealize Operations inventory.
- Inventory not updating after changes to environment.
vRealize Log Insight is not properly updating environment changes to vRealize Operations inventory.
- Custom extracted field not displaying all log messages.
When you are creating the extracted field, the display field indicates errors or alerts that are found based on the expressions configured within the field. However, the extracted field is applied anyway.
- High CPU Usage when agent is collecting large number of files.
When you are collecting a large number of logs, vRealize Log Insight might have a very high CPU usage.
Workaround: Filter out unwanted log files from being collected.
- Upgrade fails when config directory contains files with non-numeric suffixes.
If /storage/core/loginsight/config/ contains extra files with non-numeric suffix, upgrade fails with UpgradeError: "invalid literal for int() with base 10.
Workaround: Delete backup config files or move them out of config directory.
- The dashboard field links are displaying values that differ from what the event is displaying.
The dashboard field links are displaying values that differ from what the event is displaying. The value is either incorrect or displays an unknown value of 'row14-c.' Examples include vmw_vcenter and vmw_cluster.
- High disk iops are being generated by the vRealize Log Insight virtual machines.
Since upgrading to vRealize Log Insight version 3.3.1-3644329 from version 3.0, we have noticed very high disk iops being generated by the vRealize Log Insight VMs.
- The Join Log Insight cluster operation appears to fail.
Increasing vRealize Log Insight cluster size appears to fail with multiple spurious service group entries in the daemon section of config.
Workaround: Remove spurious service group entries from daemon section of config.